The Sikh Coalition is a wonderful place to work. We have a talented staff that is committed to social justice and has a long record of achievement in pursuit of justice. The organization is fast-paced, entrepreneurial and welcoming. Please consider a career fighting for Sikhs rights. Our generous benefits package for full-time employees includes medical insurance, dental insurance, a pension matching program, vacation and sick leave.
The Sikh Coalition is looking for an organized, business-oriented self-starter to manage and scale the fast-paced growth of the Sikh Coalition’s national operations. An integral member of the team, the Operations Manager ensures the day-to-day functioning of the organization, including overseeing the finances, human resources and the technology infrastructure. Additionally, this individual will lead the internship and volunteer program and will provide support to programmatic initiatives.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage finances, process bills, payroll and benefits administration for employees
- Oversee monthly and annual financial reporting
- Manage all fiscal activities and government filings including the annual audit process
- Assist with staff recruitment and onboarding
- Recruit and manage the internship and volunteer program
- Manage day-to-day functioning for three offices (New York, California and Washington, DC)
- Ensure the team has the best technology and systems available and functioning
- Support fundraising initiatives
- Represent the Sikh Coalition at conferences, meetings, and other occasions as needed
- Plan high profile events for the Sikh Coalition and support programmatic initiatives with logistical planning and implementation
This is a full-time position that reports to the Executive Director. It is based in the Sikh Coalition’s New York City office.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Previous non-profit and/or operations experience highly preferred
- Must have excellent attention to detail, critical thinking skills and an entrepreneurial spirit (or be a self-starter)
- Highly developed organization skills with the ability to handle multiple and quickly shifting priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent project management and process development skills, including ability to design and maintain effective systems, gather resources and establish priorities.
- Familiarity with technology (network management, troubleshooting) is preferred
- Experience with bookkeeping and financial reporting, including familiarity with Quickbooks, is a plus
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suites and video editing software a plus
- Punjabi language skills are preferred
Commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package includes medical, dental, pension matching program, vacation and sick leave.
To apply for the position, please send your resume, a cover letter, and a list of up to 4 references with contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is June 20, 2015. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Sikh Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer.