November 21, 2017 (Fremont, California) – With California Sikh Awareness and Appreciation Month in full swing, the Sikh Coalition is excited to share early highlights and remaining opportunities for participation.
• The California State Capitol displayed a selection of photos from the Sikh Project exhibition over the first two weeks of November. Tens of thousands of visitors viewed the portraits.
• The Sikh Coalition joined the Kaur and Singh Academy of Los Angeles to do a Sikh Awareness Presentation for 750 kids at Porter Ranch Community School.
• Joy of Sewa, a volunteer group in Santa Clara, secured a proclamation from local government officials, lined up several community events to increase Sikh awareness, and packed meals in partnership with Kids Against Hunger.
• Sikh Coalition Advocate Jaydeep Singh secured a proclamation from the Turlock City Council recognizing California Sikhs.
• California’s Department of Education has circulated a memorandum to every county and district school superintendent in the state, encouraging them to promote Sikh awareness and remain vigilant against school bullying.
YOU STILL HAVE TIME TO GET INVOLVED
• In partnership with Sikhlens, the Sikh Project launched at Chapman University. The gallery is on display free of charge until February 16, 2018, and we hope you will visit!
• The L.A. Clippers are partnering with the Sikh Coalition for their fourth annual Sikh Awareness Night on December 6, 2017. Tickets are available now, so use the promo code “SIKH” before it’s too late.
• Due to Sikh Coalition outreach, California state legislators are posting about #CASikhs on their social media platforms. When you share facts about Sikhs using #CASikhs we will like or share your content.
• Joy of Sewa still has upcoming events in Santa Clara and San Jose. For more information visit their Facebook page here.
Please review the many easy ways you can get involved in California Sikh Awareness & Appreciation Month. We also hope to see you on social media using #CASikhs before November ends!
To share information about projects you have undertaken in support of California Sikh Awareness and Appreciation Month, or if you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.