The Sikh Coalition invites sangat members in the Seattle metropolitan area to join our Civic Engagement Seminar. This training is designed for community members to learn the skills necessary to take their community involvement to the next level.
What will you learn during this free one-day seminar presented by the Sikh Coalition?
- Strategies to elevate the Sikh profile in your local community.
- Guidance on strengthening interfaith partnerships.
- Presenting effective Sikh Awareness resources to educators, law enforcement, community centers, lawmakers, and interfaith partners.
- Pitching successful asks to government officials in solving issues affecting the local Sikh community.
WHEN: Saturday, February 29, 2020, from 10:30 am – 6:30 pm
WHERE: Khalsa Gurmat Center, 2835 S 344th St, Federal Way, WA 98003
- Volunteers must be over 18 years of age to participate.
- Volunteers must commit to completing a minimum of 2 projects within the year.
- By sharing your information, you are giving us permission to contact you by email, phone, and text.
The Sikh Coalition is also looking for participants of this seminar to use their acquired knowledge and join at least one legislative meeting between Monday, March 2nd and Tuesday, March 3rd. The meetings will take place in Seattle and Olympia, and further details on locations and timings will be shared shortly. Please confirm your availability for these days in the form below.
For additional information or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration for this training is now closed.